Project Rising is a non profit organization dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence and their pets. Our mission is to create awareness, empower victims and help families rebuild, recover and thrive after domestic violence. We will:
1) Educate the public on the facts, statistics, myths and misconceptions, prevention, intervention and national/international resources via our website, social media and at public events.
2) Collect and distribute donations of clothing, furniture, household items and pet supplies to local families. Victims often leave abusive relationships with little/no money and time to plan. We want to help them re-establish by providing them with the items they need for their new homes.
3) Network with local rescue organizations to find temporary shelter for pets from abusive homes. Many victims stay with abusers because they are concerned about what will happen to their pets. Some shelters don’t accept pets or have no room. Pet deposits can be very expensive. It is our goal to help to remove these obstacles so victims don’t have to leave their pets behind, give them up or send them to a shelter where they may be euthanized.
4) Build a shelter for pets, specifically for victims of family/relationship violence, offering an immediate solution when they want to escape abuse.
5) Create a holistic health and wellness program. Stress related maladies like PTSD, depression, anxiety and Fibromyalgia are common among survivors of domestic violence. Counseling and medication are valuable for healing. Proper nutrition also plays an important role. Through this program we will:
– Create an organic food pantry
– Build a community garden
– Provide free counseling on whole, clean nutrition
– Provide free classes on gardening, fitness, meditation and other helpful practices
With the help of our community, we can create happier, healthier lives for survivors and their pets.